Thursday, February 26, 2009

Gatherings

Gatherings is an idea that came about one Wednesday night after our monthly church business meeting. After dining on Mexican food-Nick, Amanda, Michelle, Bobby, and I were all talking about ways to grow our church and reach out to our community. Nick asked why we didn't have Wednesday night services. That one question spiraled into the creation of a Wednesday night Bible study, Gatherings. These events are really a group effort by our young couples and we are really excited to begin this Wednesday. Bobby was asked to lead the study and we have already launched a blog to document our weeks. As the young ones in our church, we have felt that it is our calling to grow our church and reach out the young people in our community.

Gatherings came to mind when I needed a fill space on our flyer. I debated over this name and had to present my ideas to our little group on Friday evening. That same Friday, I was busy working and a verse came to mind (from remembering a conversation I had with my mother-in-law). Matthew 18:20 will be displayed on all things associated with this new intiative. It reads, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

0 Comments: