Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Worth a Thousand Words...


At 26 years old...
I can say that I know all five of these men and their individual roles in our country's history.
I have watched four inaugurations (one of those as a second term).
I can say that I have voted in three Presidential elections.

I wonder what my thoughts will be when I'm 46 or 66 or 86. How can I add to my list? What achievements (or blunders) or historical moments will I remember? As of now, I can tell my children and grandchildren that I watched Bill Clinton play the sax, I listened to GW Bush console a nation after 9/11, I lived through the second (as of now) worse economic crisis of our country, and I watched the first African American President take office.

I can tell my children that I watched our Presidents play with their children, make mistakes, overcome obstacles, strive for success, and have many other qualities that make them all 5 just ordinary Americans who decided to dream big and achieve success and who took on the monstrous task of being President of the United States.




2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Just passing through via "next blog" button. Your post is thoughtful and balanced, instead of the partisan "I hate (insert candidate and/or President)"
Well Done.

Robert and Tiffany Adams said...

Nice post!