Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Accomplishment

I returned to school in January to finish my degree. I really am doing this for myself. Years ago, I started school because I wanted to and not because I was forced to or that it was expected of me. Then I took a break - 3 1/2 years. I returned to my studies determined to finish what I started and prove to myself that I can reach this goal. I was worried about my classes only because it had been a long time since I was in the "student" frame of mind. But I tried, not as much as I should have to begin with, and completed my first semester last week. I was disappointed in myself when I saw that I did not do as well as I had hoped on my sociology final. But, my hard work did pay off. I ended the semester with a B in each class. I could have made A's but I am proud that I managed to take two classes, complete every project, and finish with a B - all while working full-time.

Bobby starts classes this summer so things may be hectic around our house. I am taking two classes this summer - one online and one evening class. In the fall, I will add an additional class to make it 9 hours. I am actually looking forward to the summer semester starting on June 2nd. Although, I am enjoying my time off. I have been reading for my leisure and spending hours in front of the television.

0 Comments: